How to Apply
Organizations through its authorized representative involved in charitable activities who wish to contribute to the objectives of The Consortium may apply for membership provided that the executive council is convinced of his/her merit and ability to contribute to the objectives of CVA. The Executive Council shall have the power to accept or reject the application. Those who are willing to enrol as members shall provide an Expression of Interest (EOI). Admitted organizations will need to pay the subscription fees as fixed by CVA from time to time.
- Basic Norms - Societies/ Trusts or other charitable undertakings intending to become a member of the society must have a basic valid legal existence (must be registered under the applicable act) and active status, working in a particular area.
- Voluntary Organization can be certified under the above stated Basic Norms by providing the information, certified documents and references to the authorized persons.
- The primary aim of Basic Norms is to promote initiatives on affiliation and accountability for building trust and confidence in the Voluntary Sector.
- Desired Norms -
- The voluntary organization shall be in operation for a minimum of two years from the date of registration.
- It must have a physical registered address which is verifiable
- Those organizations that do not have valid registrations should have a group of volunteers with them with a track record of various commendable public initiative activities.
- Shall have definite Vision, Aims, Objectives and Achievements,
- Shall Practice good Governance, Accountability and Transparency,
- Shall conduct its programs and operations efficiently and effectively in the public interest
- Shall intimate timely the change of office bearers.
- Have valid Income Tax related certificates like 12A, 80G, FCRA